I am left with nothing after CSA payments

July 20, 2015

i have £1400month after tax. £600 comes of to CSA. £450 rent. £160 council tax £140 gas and electricity. Then food for the month and a pregnant partner and kid to provide for. Plus car to run and fuel for work which is about £60 a month. I am left with nothing. I pay £600 to CSA. And they don’t care I have more going out than coming in. Car insurance the lot. They will not reduce this amount.

Where does it end. This is for 2 children and they get £300 a month each. Each child should have a fixed price of maintenance. £40 from the father £40 from the mother. I can’t win

Comments

32 Responses to “I am left with nothing after CSA payments”

1. June Airey on July 20th, 2015 12:30 pm

June Airey liked this on Facebook.

2. Joanna Williams on July 20th, 2015 2:31 pm

since when have the government say a child costs £300 per month, it is a joke, just can’t understand how they get away with it, feel for you

3. James Weston on July 20th, 2015 2:32 pm

Sounds bad but you’re better off financially to go on sick pay / income support for stress and depression

4. James Weston on July 20th, 2015 2:36 pm

Oh…id never suggest not supporting the children, but what is happening to you happened to me. It’s not sustainable what they are asking for

5. James Weston on July 20th, 2015 5:15 pm

James Weston liked this on Facebook.

6. Karen Todd on July 20th, 2015 5:26 pm

Am afraid it’s gonna get much worse once your partner has the baby cos they then include your child tax cred n working tax credit . £600 a month for two children does not sound right to me. U need to ask them how they have come to this figure .request a break down

7. Aaran on July 20th, 2015 6:39 pm

Thanks for you comments Joanna and James.
    I don’t grudge a penny. But I struggle just to get bye myself from day to day. £300 each is sickening

8. John Kirk on July 20th, 2015 9:16 pm

John Kirk liked this on Facebook.

9. Simon Scott on July 20th, 2015 9:16 pm

Simon Scott liked this on Facebook.

10. Poppy Wilson on July 20th, 2015 10:07 pm

Us too – sinking into debt no matter how much you work. The more you work the more the debt goes up. No one minds SHARING the cost and care of children it the greedy pwc who use their children as a meal ticket…… wrecks lives. DHSS pays so I understand £60 a child – that would appear to be £30 from pwc and £30 nrp…….

11. Poppy Wilson on July 20th, 2015 10:07 pm

My partner can not afford to work – she gets nothing….

12. Poppy Wilson on July 20th, 2015 10:11 pm

It is sooooo wrong. My partner can no longer afford to work. When he works we just sink into debt to keep his ex……. If you can it would help you financially once the little one arrives if you do the caring and your partner works.

13. James Weston on July 20th, 2015 10:32 pm

I sunk into debt with them despite trying to keep living costs to a bare minimum. They ordered my employer to take £980 a month for 6 months then £578 after that. I was off sick for a month and they took double the following month leaving us crippled. In the end i couldnt pay the rent, put tyres on the car or fuel in the tank. Lost my job and ended up off for stress and depression. My two girls i pay for are to my x, i have a son with my fiancee and they only reduced it by £30 a month for him. How do the other two cost over £500 a month but my son who lives with me cists £30. Complete violation of human rights

14. James Weston on July 20th, 2015 10:33 pm

Sorry for what has happened to you and your partner

15. Richard Tinsley on July 20th, 2015 11:07 pm

I’m sure they have rules of only taking a max percent and not causing hardship. But then those incompetent leeches at the CSA can’t work out how to follow them. sorry you are struggling. Have you tried complaining to Jim Edwards

16. Poppy Wilson on July 20th, 2015 11:10 pm

You too – it’s soooo wrong and agree with every word you type

17. Ling Ling on July 20th, 2015 11:20 pm

the system wants to hurt the parent who pays support. I am a parent who pays. myself they take about 60% of my pay. after i pay all my bills for the month I am left nothing to live on including gas for the car and food. I am fighting the system with everything I have knowledge of. it’s 100% fraud of the government. My guess it’s a crime to bring children in this world.. CSA is a joke

18. Poppy Wilson on July 21st, 2015 5:30 am

Poppy Wilson liked this on Facebook.

19. Veronica Grace on July 21st, 2015 5:30 am

Veronica Grace liked this on Facebook.

20. Ben Wiskin on July 21st, 2015 7:02 am

Unfortunately CSA do not care about your situation, only how much money they can get for your ex. Being a father in these situations is a huge disadvantage. I lost everything to CSA, they are ruthless, even lost our house because they wanted more than I could earn, even created bogus “arrears” payments until they’d all but destroyed me. I’ve now overpaid to the tune of thousands and they won’t give it back, they’re now hounding me for more money. There is nothing you can do that’s the truth, if they don’t take it now, they’ll take it later.

21. Aaran on July 21st, 2015 11:00 am

Thanks for comments everyone.
    It is a nightmare. And I hope that every1 gets sorted.
    It can drive a father to suicide. Everyone is happy to provide for there kids. But when you can’t provide for urself and can’t get fuel in ur car to go to work. What is the point in trying. It’s a shame it’s all wrong. Like I’m saying. I pay £300 each child. And if the mothers put £300. That’s £600 a month to keep a kid. That is ridicules. But it seams like my £300 is keeping her and her whole family. Good luck folks. Thanks for ur support.

22. Dean Preston on July 21st, 2015 2:03 pm

You are paying too much CSA have you gone through the departures route and drawn up a financial status report for all your outgoings, they do in to account you are providing for another minor….see what happens if you still get no joy speak to their managers and work out a more affordable table of payments for the future…this is if there are no backdated payment owing. Last resort is the Citizens advice help line and book an appointment to run through all your expenses with them…good luck

23. Daryl Chetty on July 21st, 2015 3:59 pm

Dear friends I am going through the same issue they take 40% of my wages me and my partner have two little girls we can’t barely make ends meet they have accrued arrears I don’t really know from when. I spoke to the case worker and he reckons the csa has stated from last February but they only sent out one letter last year and it was a nil assessment . This June they decided to attach my pay with no correspondence. I have sent them payslips and a legal court order for 50/50 custody but they just keep on taking my money and they just listen to my batch of an x

24. Lisa Jane Dewsnap on July 21st, 2015 5:30 pm

Lisa Jane Dewsnap liked this on Facebook.

25. Michael Riches on July 21st, 2015 5:30 pm

Michael Riches liked this on Facebook.

26. John Warner on July 21st, 2015 5:30 pm

John Warner liked this on Facebook.

27. Paul Ian Jones on July 22nd, 2015 5:45 pm

Paul Ian Jones liked this on Facebook.

28. Colin Chewings on July 22nd, 2015 5:45 pm

Colin Chewings liked this on Facebook.

29. Poppy Wilson on July 23rd, 2015 10:46 pm
  30. Poppy Wilson on July 23rd, 2015 10:47 pm

You may find this http://www.deadbeatdadsassociation.co.uk/index_files/Page2290.htm interesting. Sorry posted it lower down but thought it would be more useful here.

31. Julie on May 31st, 2018 6:50 am

That’s funny….I am a single mum. Never had anything like £300 a month from my son’s father….maybe £100 If he even bothers to pay anything. He has been called a ‘job hopper’ by autborities. Maybe there are fees he has to pay but that would not be in place if he bothered to help with costs at all when a “family arrangement” was in place.

32. Aaran on June 1st, 2018 7:37 pm

Julie. I never said I pay you 300. csa, take 600 from me. Not a job hoper, you are the one that doesn’t let me see my son. If you didn’t go down that route then it would be different. You can’t be civil even tho it’s been 8 years. The csa don’t give you what they take of me. I don’t know what they do with it. But that’s what they take from me.

Got something to say?