He quit his job on purpose to avoid CSA

March 20, 2014

My sins dad had never paid a penny for his son in 8 years.

I contacted csa who contacted him and arrangements was made in the 15.1.14 to pay £31 per week and on the 22.1.14 he purposely quit his job, where does that leave me and my son now?

Will csa notify me if he works again or claims jsa or what…..! me and his dad do not talk and he does not see his son so I would never know.

Comments

27 Responses to “He quit his job on purpose to avoid CSA”

1. Sarah Louise White on March 20th, 2014 7:58 am

Nope u wil have to claim against his jsa. And look into if he ever gets a job and when he does You have to call them. Csa don’t sit waiting for people to work and then notify the other parents

2. Wendy Eddie Brimmer on March 20th, 2014 8:13 am

my kids dad done this 3 times to us had to get a tax revenue to put a tracker om his national insurance number to see if he starts working x

3. Darren O'kane on March 20th, 2014 8:23 am

This is bang out of order, once he can see his kids he should man up and pay for them, if you were not allowing him to see the kids i could undedstand he’s frustration

4. CSAhell.com on March 20th, 2014 10:37 am

I like how you’ve called him your “sins dad” – sin was it?

5. Jolene Jennifer Richardson on March 20th, 2014 10:40 am

Maybe he cannot afford.to work ? Why dont you contact.him yourself and agree a.reasonable amount each week. Bearing in mind that.you already get.child benefit and.possibly tax.credit. The mosz important thing is he keeps contact with the child or children

6. Lisa on March 20th, 2014 12:16 pm

Maybe money is far more important to these women who claim because they have kids to somebody that person owes them a free ride for 20 years, why not get a job and support your “son” that’s what normal parents do equally support their children, without the interference of the ex support agency, put your child first and not pound signs

7. Law on March 20th, 2014 12:30 pm

@ Lisa!!! Bless you!!!!!! 🙂

8. Mark Seaman on March 20th, 2014 12:35 pm

Dont blame him at all.im thinking of going that route as the demands whilst they are working out payments are OTT.
    If i sign on the state can pay for everything!!

9. Amanda Johnson on March 20th, 2014 12:45 pm

It’s called being responsible if an agreement can be made and stuck to great if not then CSa is the only alternative. Shows the true nature of a person who deliberately avoids taking their responsibilities serious.

10. Amanda Johnson on March 20th, 2014 1:00 pm

Amanda Johnson liked this on Facebook.

11. Kelly Burns on March 20th, 2014 1:52 pm

Same happened to me, my son’s dad paid a few payments then left his job, now got a better job and wants to start seeing my son, expecting to call alk the shots after never seeing him once, he was never interested

12. Peter Barraclough on March 20th, 2014 2:34 pm

some people leave jobs as they cant afford to work! if pwc thought of kids more an came to a fair agreement to all!

13. Author Chris Jones on March 20th, 2014 3:44 pm

I paid my ex fair n square every month the amount csa calculator stated. But she wanted more. I never missed a payment had signed reciepts but she decided to go to csa for no reason wat so ever. They nearly bust me put me 9000 in arrears they cud not and wud not prove. So I nearly gave up work. That was not shying away from my responsibility as I had proof I paid it was the scum bag csa and greedy pwc that pushed me to threaten to give up work. It took months wiv my Mp but csa wud not back off or prove arrears so I phoned after getting letter saying they were putting a DEO on me for money I did not owe. With my employor I can agree wen I can work so I agreed to give up work for a month but told csa I was quitting job unless they agree to wipe of arrears and I pay wat I was paying or if I quit they wud loose their bonus etc. As soon as I said that Deo was removed and payment I offered was agreed. No trouble since oh and ex now gets a hell of a lot less due to her own vindictive greed.

14. Lisa on March 20th, 2014 3:46 pm

I’m sure if these mothers were told unless they worked and contributed half of the amount to their kids instead of the state giving them cash they wouldn’t run to CSA as quick, any blame any guy for leaving work, the CSA have no morals the staff are shameless nasty and make so many mistakes that most nrp are found to be non compliant, maybe if every guy downed tools for one day in protest against the abhorrent CSA maybe practise would really change

15. Andrew Jones on March 20th, 2014 4:00 pm

If you have kids y did you want them for?. To kick the father out and screw his wages?. If you have kids you should work to keep them . The csa don’t work and its not for kids its fir the mothers. So sad of people to use the .sa..

16. LauraG on March 20th, 2014 4:03 pm

I know Kelly and her son and unlike you judgemental narrow minded people I know the actual story! Her sons Dad has never been interested in getting to know his child, and neither has any of his family for that matter! The child’s dad purposely quit his job because he found out he’d have to pay CSA whilst he was in employment but not if he was on benefits. He’s a low life scumbag who should be ashamed of himself!!

17. Law on March 20th, 2014 4:08 pm

@ Amanda Johnson

Which would be more inspiring to the child –
    OPTION 1: “Your dad didn’t pay child maintenance so I studied late at night, got myself an open university degree and got a job so I could provide for me and you”
    OR
    OPTION 2: “Your dad didn’t pay maintenance so I embarked upon using a publicly decried institution to try and get some money from him. It made every one’s interaction a whole heap more dysfunctional but I’m happy because my online friends said I should keep being a pain. Oh by the way, I collected ALL the benefits the government kept throwing at me. Still, I wasn’t satisfied! Aren’t I the model parent?” Then the child, now an adult asks “Why didn’t you just focus on bettering yourself?” The mother responds “You’re just like your dad, so ungrateful for my sacrifices, blah blah blah”

Years later, due to the mother’s inability to forgive/let go/move on, etc, she’s still bitter. Perhaps more so than she was when she was younger, for she realizes that she shot herself in the foot with a bazooka and wasted her existence whilst desperately trying to martyr herself for no reason.

I know which I’d prefer if I were that child…

18. Kel on March 20th, 2014 4:38 pm

My husband had no other choice than to leave his job! He earnt £1200pcm, we were paying £200 for maintenance, we couldn’t afford our bills or rent. We weren’t allowed to see his child, because she told us she gets more off the csa if there’s no contact. He quit his job and we claimed benefits (like his ex), we was getting £1650pcm and had to pay her £20! The systems a joke! He’s spent 2yrs in college and is hopefully soon to be working again. What happened to the ex and his child? She gave him up a week after the she was getting £5 a week, and continued to claim maintenance and benefits for him for another year, and he now lives with his grandparents, and we see him every weekend! Best thing he ever did was leave work and go back to college

19. Tracy Lamb on March 20th, 2014 4:44 pm

Andrew, you dont actually know the ops situation at all? All you have done is 1) assumed SHE kicked HIM out and 2) assumed she doesnt work?? Believe me it is sometimes impossible to reach a private agreement. Goes to show that if someone is willing to give up their job to avoid paying for their children then its highly unlikely they will reach a private mutual agreement. Why are all mothers bashed for posting questions? Every week theres one on here where people say get a job and stop the dads seeing the kids. I hold you in high regard if you try to see your kids but sometimes its not like that. Sometimes the dad walks out and away from his responsibilities, and the mum works and she wants to pursue CSA! Why not!!!!

20. Mark Seaman on March 20th, 2014 7:40 pm

Responsible? An agency who cant get anything right? Its taken a year to win an appeal over arrears as i had them recorded lying to me and will take another year to sort out payments! Because of the unfair demands i had to set up a PLC and pay myself minimum wage so she gets £5 a week. NOT my choice but it was that or go bust because of an DEO threat of 650 a month for arrears and regular payments.Because the pwc thought she was getting £16,700 and would not ask the CSA to look into arrears i had to prove it and protect myself at the same time. I actually owe£11,000
    Which i cant pay in one go so want to pay off at 1k a year but pwc isnt happy so waiting for court date.
    All this whilst she boasts on twitter about how shes never stopped me seeing the boys and how great she is and how im fucking her over all the time.If i had access to my boys id pay but as she changes there phones,controls their social media and network accounts i dont stand a chance.If this is a case of a greedy mother f####r being responsible im not sure what is.

21. Mick Reay on March 21st, 2014 11:19 am

I’ve just kicked CSA into touch too…. Had a case review and threatened to take it to ICE, if you get your sums right and prove your case is correct you will win. But you need to be on the ball and look like your half intelligent, some of the people I see on here are only here for the money.

I pay £400 plus a month for my two girls, one I don’t see. It’s just a shame I can’t ring an 0845 number and get an equally inept and aggressive organisation to get my rights to see my daughter, unlike the ex who can to get money.

Simplify everything, unless you’re willing to grant access – kiss goodbye to maintenance. Simples (except violent cases etc)

22. Law on March 21st, 2014 3:18 pm

@ Mick – good for you! You can try taking your ex to court on self-representation and 9.99 out of 10 times, you’ll be granted access to your daughter.
    A good letter supporting your C100 form should set things straight. Children need fathers as well as mothers.
    If you have some fight left in you, show your daughter that you care and don’t give up until you get access. It does wonders for a child to know that he/she has a father out there that will not give up the good fight!

Good luck.

23. Justice is Sweet on February 7th, 2017 8:57 pm

Get a job and stop whinging.

24. Deb on May 16th, 2017 1:05 am

I find Lisa hilarious she obviously knows nothing about feckless fathers. Try this , disabled son who his father insisted got disability so didn’t need to 💰 arrears written off when son died. Never paid for two other sons and his daughter. Not interested. Only ever wanted to get at me via kids that meant babysitting to him (quote) that’s why I got rid amongst the mind games and cruelty. He took me to court and was laughed out by judge for access he said he never had and his solicitor sacked him. Another court date set and he didn’t turn up, I gave the judge the number and he couldn’t wake him up after his drink and his dope ! . He owes 8000 arrears and has just resigned his position in a taxi firm …what a crock 😡 He hides behind his gf #angelaemmerson #jamesmark purvis #markpurvis @radartaxis #northshields I rest my case ! #whitleybay

25. Deb on May 16th, 2017 1:08 am

Lisa having a feckless father around kids is worse ….

26. Michelle on January 4th, 2018 12:29 pm

Not all mothers are after money. I had arrangement with me ex to see kids regularly and he pays a certain amount a month. 3 wks before xmas my eldest wanted to swap weekends. We have always had a flexible arrangement. He spits his dummy out and says if they want talk they call him if they want to see him I have too drive 2hrs hours to drop them off he’s not doing it any more. Even though he would see them an average of once every 6weeks and that’s me being generous and not contact them for average of 10 days. I have lent him money to see them payed his car insurance so he could see them ..slept on sofas to drive up to his so he could see them. He nearly made us homeless stole my car and and took childminding money and didn’t pay child minder when he left but I still helped. So I now have gone to csa.. not for money but my 16hr a week wage can’t cover travelling costs to his even with the tiny contribution he pays. so the money will go towards him seeing them regularly and no more messinv them around. He goes round saying he misses them this that and the other yet when I was down the road and asked if he wanted to take them out for lunch for a few hours as I was visiting friends…No response I maybe a mug but the girls need to see him and he wants to see them but he’s messing them around

27. will on April 28th, 2018 7:41 pm

Michelle, i commend your reasonable and tactile approach to co-parenting. Whilst his actions are unreasonable to a point, the csa/cms will only deterioate what relationship you currently have with the father, however megre.
    You are doing right by the children in making all efforts to enable contact and i only wished other pwc would take heed of this.
    I strongly recommend not using the csa (albeit for your genuine reason) it simply isn’t worth the anguish this organisation will cause you, including the children.

Got something to say?