csa arrears after case closed confused?

About Us Forums NRP Discussion csa arrears after case closed confused?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jimgsd
    Participant

’ve been paying CSA for near on 19 years, Only ever missed one payment due to the CSA incorrectly calculating my payments, This was sorted pretty quickly (less than a month) a DEO was set up which was fine, everybody was getting paid, nobody had any issues, Then when the CSA shut my case they suddenly sent me a bill for £12k….with the reason “This is the amount of arrears that you built up under your child support agency case during a period when the parent with care in your case was receiving income support or income based jobseekers. When this happened, we transferrred the money owed to the secretary of state, rather than the parent with care, this was becasue the parent with care was paid benefit during that period”…….I’m abit confused to say the least

Doogle
    Participant

I too have been sent a bill for £4k. This is due to the parent being on benefits and the secretary of state was paying her the csa money.
    I have had to dig into it where they have got this from. The CMS just told me tough you owe £4k and that’s it.They have sent me no proof or anything.
    I have rung the CSA and every body I could think of. The CSA told me they know nothing of this as their records closed in 2008 and they have nothing from before that anymore. I have now been told they think it is somewhere between 1995 and 2000.
    They still cannot offer any evidence why they paid, I don’t even understand why they paid as I was paying the mother direct every week.
    They have asked for letters and Bank statements for proof.
    How many people keep letters from 1995- 2000.
    The csa case has been closed since 2014 and yet now they decide to send me a bill for £4K without proof.
    Makes you proud to be British when your own Government screw you over.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments

>