Does the CSA take my ex’s new partner into account?

March 16, 2013

my partner pays 250 a month for his 2 kids with his ex. he has 2 with myself and i have 1 from my ex, so my parnter has 4 kids. but the thing is she has a new partner and hes moved in with them. do csa take that in to consideration???

I think its shocking she get gets a month but yet my 2 to him doesnt get anywhere near 250 a month. even in clothes and an nappies. how is worked out fair????? he doesnt get to see his kids and hasnt had contact with them for 7 years. because she wont let him but we cant afford to take her to court because we stuggle once we have paid the rent council tax and so on. some one out there can they help me pleae


13 Responses to “Does the CSA take my ex’s new partner into account?”

  1. Duncan Smith on March 16th, 2013 2:17 pm

    £400 a month 1 kid you lucky

  2. wilf on March 16th, 2013 3:07 pm

    Claire:- If on CS1 only if they have a shared child.
    If on CS2 no.

  3. lisa on March 16th, 2013 3:48 pm

    The best thing to do is make a complaint regarding your payments, belive it or not the CSA can reduce your payments if your facing financial hardship, i have been there, and they helped after refusing to pay the ooriginal amount, they reduced the payments by 200 a month, so for anybody facing this do make a complaint and make sure it goes to the top where it can be handled not by the idiots on the shop floor but management that are allowed to help that are unbiased

  4. lisa on March 16th, 2013 3:59 pm

    CSA complaints free phone number 08007838527 You may have been phoning and complaining to the CSA for a long time getting nowhere use this guide and you will see how quickly they respond. Please do excuse if I repeat the steps I have done this for a good reason. 1.Complain and Appeal and get your MP involved EMAIL the complaint and appeal copy everyone in.
    2.Order your Data Prints by post and email.
    3.Email all and sundry use the email list and email them every couple of days to remind them.
    4.Not happy with data prints items missing Complain to ICO be sure to copy everyone in. [email protected]
    This is what you do immediately if you believe the CSA are taking too much from you! ■First thing you must do is make an official Complaint and Appeal *EMAIL THE COMPLAINT*and contact your MP and get them involved regarding your issues you are having with the CSA. Mention that you believe that they have made an Official Error. Ask the CSA for the decision to be set aside as they are not leaving you enough to live on and is going to cause you an injustice. This is based upon Regulation 55 of the Child Support Act (Maintenance Assessment Procedure) 1992
    Attach a copy of ALL your outgoings, even the things the CSA don’t allow for. Email a copy to your MP and all of the others in the email list further below it should get passed straight to the chief executive’s office. It is very much more than likely that they will then find errors in your assessment going back several years and use that as an excuse to drop the payments. You can find who your MP is via here As you will be emailing many politicians, ministers, ICE, ombudsman, complaints team etc all at the same time as per the email list below your emails will more than likely be forwarded to your MP in anyway. or use their [email protected] for example [email protected] [email protected] or simply just Google your MP if you know who they are and you will find their email address on their website. This is the email distribution list you are going to use for your Official Complaint and Appeal. Your MP [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] BCC this email address: [email protected]

  5. wilf on March 16th, 2013 4:15 pm

    They can not reduce regular maintenance only the amount being paid as arrears.

  6. Carol Dempster on March 16th, 2013 5:14 pm

    no CSA only take into account your partner’s income. They don’t take into account the circumstances of the pwc at all

  7. carol on March 16th, 2013 10:53 pm

    cant afford regular maintenance. Like so many, unfortunately. Cost of living and CSA demands just make it impossible to break even.

  8. Lisa on March 16th, 2013 11:06 pm

    @ Wilf, yes they can reduce regular maintainance if your really struggling to cope, its discretionary and done by management, my hubbys was reduced after he told them that he couldt afford to get to work with no money and the CSA had driven him out of his job, they said Arrears which they caused because it took them so long to deal with the case and PWC lies stating she hadnt had no money even though it showed on the bank statements she had didt have to be paid back over 2 years though they prefer it if they were!!!!,

  9. wilf on March 16th, 2013 11:22 pm

    lisa:- Yes maintenance can be reduced via a reassessment.

  10. Claire Mcgregor on March 17th, 2013 10:41 pm

    that’s madness Duncan. my kids wouldn’t need 400 a month

  11. Ashleigh Morrison on March 17th, 2013 11:07 pm

    As far as i know, the payments decided by the CSA are means tested and should in no way leave your family with not enough to live on.. Has the person who wrote this considered using cloth nappies? depending on how many children they have in nappies it may save them alot of money.. Also, i think it is unfair that the father doesnt get to see his other children and he should persue some kind of contact order. x

  12. John F on March 18th, 2013 2:17 pm

    Lisa..the advice you give out on are a complete angel…

  13. wilf on March 18th, 2013 3:31 pm

    Carol Dempster:- See my answer March 16th.

    On CS1, old system old rules to 2003, they do look at the PWC’s circumstance and income also the PWCP if they have a shared child.
    They only need the NRPP’s income to establish the affordable amount for the household.

    On CS2 from 2003 they only look at the NRP’s income, children in household and shared care.

    lisa:- If on CS1 you could apply for a departure for travel to work if not met adequately in the assessment.
    On CS2 I’m not sure if there is a variation to meet this criteria.

Got something to say?